X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.
Your Firefox is out of date and may contain a security risk! Upgrade Firefox

Support Forum

the back button doesn't work anymore

Posted

I have updated my firefox and since then the back button doens't work anymore and also the browser is slowly... The earlier version of firefox was better!

Additional System Details

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

This started when...

new update or new installation firefox

Installed Plug-ins

  • getplusplusadobe16291
  • Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
  • NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
  • The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
  • Default Plug-in
  • Google Update
  • Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
  • DivX Web Player version 2.0.3.4
  • Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
  • Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
  • DRM Netscape Network Object
  • Npdsplay dll
  • DRM Store Netscape Plugin

Application

  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

More Information

I have updated my firefox and since then the back button doens't work anymore and also the browser is slowly... The earlier version of firefox was better!

Question owner

the problem is not solved, I have done what they say on this page... the back button is still frozen!

david51 0 solutions 6 answers

It's Adblock. If you disable Adblock by going to tools/add-ons and disable it, then the back button works.

david51 0 solutions 6 answers

Or it may not be Adblock for you, but try and disable and enable various add-ons until you find the culprit.

david51 0 solutions 6 answers

Actually, my mistake. It's actually the McAfee Site Advisor Add-On that was causing it for me.

Double-J 0 solutions 6 answers

@david51, thanks for fixing my issue. I couldn't figure out what was going on but as soon as I disabled SA, all was well. Many thanks!

pa0fri 0 solutions 1 answers

Indeed the culprit was McAfee SiteAdviser, the cure is for Windows 32-bit: https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/3.3.1/32/saUpgrade32.exe for Windows 64-bit: https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/3.3.1/64/saUpgrade64.exe

fathertoosa 0 solutions 1 answers

It was WPI detector that needed to be disabled for me. Seems like you need to experiment with the add ons to find the culprit.