Can't find the address and navigation bars
Hi, my browser looks like this: english-team.com/PDF/firefox_problem.pdf
This means, I can't find any of the upper navigation or menu buttons nor the address bar. What can I do to restore the default settings? Many thanks, Torsten
Additional System Details
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 102
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- iLinc101 Install Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Picasa plugin
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
That is quite easy to fix, see the procedure in the What happened to the File, Edit, and View menus? article.
I think you haven't read my post. I can't click on the 'view' menu because it is gone too. Please take a look at the PDF file to see what my browser looks like. Also, you can take a look at the screenshot I have just posted.
Modified by CitizenT
As explained in the article I linked to, you can temporarily make the menu appear by pressing the Alt key. You can then follow the instructions to make the menu appear permanently.
Modified by TonyE
Press Alt on the keyboard and release. The menu bar will appear temporarily.
Did you try these steps in the instructions TonyE posted:
1. Press Alt on the keyboard and release. The menu bar will appear temporarily.
2. On the menu bar, click View, go to Toolbars, then select which toolbars you want to see.
That helped. Many thanks, Torsten