How can I roll back to a previous version of Firefox?
I made the mistake of upgrading to 3.6.9.
My computer is nearly unusable due to constant crashes (I've had hundreds). How can I roll back to a previous version? Evidently it's a known issue; I just want to go back to something that works.
dckid78, please note that by downgrading to Firefox 3.6, you are opening yourself up to security holes. do you want to start a new thread on the forum, and we can help you get firefox 12 up and running with Java, google and everything else? You can go to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new if you want to do that :)Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- IDM FlashPlugin Firefox W32
- Logitech Device Detection
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Pando Web Installer
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- NBC Direct Firefox Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.8
I'm not that technically proficient, but would be happy to answer any specific questions if you can tell me how to find that info.
The only thing I know is that it's not a resources problem; I've got practically unlimited resources with Core I7 quad core and 12 gb ddr 3 triple channel memory; never get over 35% of cpu and 70% memory usage no matter how much I load it. ...long-time Firefox user for several years; never had this kind of problems. ...just can't bring myself to go back to IE.
Modified by Buztoo
There have been report of Firefox crashing with the 3.6.9 version and they are currently investigation that and disabled the update in the meantime.
You can find the Firefox 3.6.8 version here:
Bug 595242 – Please turn off the 3.5.12 and 3.6.9 updates while investigating bug 594699
Just download a previous version you like and have it installed as you install it at the first time.
I have the problem solved in this way. it works great.
yea great, but I'm having a hard time on Mozilla's site finding a list/downloads of previous versions. 12.0 is teh suxers! Java disabled, loss of Google search result(s) navigation w/arrow-key(s). I know there use to be a page w/previous releases and know there probably still is, just can't find it as easily as I used to.
Sorry this was hard to find, here is a link to the old releases:
dckid78, please note that by downgrading to Firefox 3.6, you are opening yourself up to security holes. do you want to start a new thread on the forum, and we can help you get firefox 12 up and running with Java, google and everything else? You can go to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new if you want to do that :)
Please take Tyler's advice and start a new thread. This thread is a year old and the original poster may be getting annoying email alerts from this thread. So I'm locking this thread based on those reasons. Your question is a valid one, so feel free to start a new topic about it. Thanks.