How do I change the language of my Google search box back to english?
When I search using the Google search box at top right of page the results are all in German. I want to change back to English.
Additional System Details
This started when...
after a Firefox update
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) 976805555803 runtime 12.00302
If the Google (Firefox) or Yahoo home page is in the wrong language then see:
- Google: http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=873
- Yahoo: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/homepage/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-02.html
when I go to those pages - I cannot read the language in order to make the changes. Is there something re: the firefox download that made this happen? Can someone walk me through how to change?
Try to clear the Google cookies.
Remove Cookies from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also visit this Google site to got to the international English Google site (also accessible via a link at the bottom of localized Google pages):