Unable to access internet via Firefox on XP machine after some message from McAphee, although can access via Internet Explorer. Solution?
My wife noticed that she got a message from McAfee (unremembered) just before the problem started, and that a green McAfyestee search window appeared on her yahoo e-mail account shortly thereafter.
Additional System Details
This started when...
yesterday at 1 PM
- Xine Plugin version 1.0.2, (c) The Xine Project.Windows Media Player / RealPlayer / QuickTime compatible.
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.5174 built with gcc 4.1.2 on Oct 6 2009
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8.1 (6b18-1.8.1-0ubuntu1)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100723 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.8
I am unable to get the Troubleshooting Information from the XP computer to this one. If you need specific information, let me know.
The Firefox version is 3.6.9; McAfee SiteAdvisor is 3.1; Java Console 6.0.21 and below
First Solution refers to McAfee Security Center, but only item under McAfee is Mc... Virus Plus; 2nd reference is to a blank page.
Check the McAfee AntiVirus plus settings, the approach should be similar to that for McAfee Internet Security to see if it has settings to block applications.
The following link from McAfee may help - http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100810
You can also try checking with McAfee support about how to unblock programs using their products - http://www.mcafee.com/us/support/