reset content advisor password
the content advisory box keeps coming up when a website has no rating! but we cannot remember the password? how can you turn off or reset this? cannot even find where we set it up long time ago. the hint doesnt seem to help "dogs name" we have tried every thing. help please.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
trying to load a program that has to download updates from the internet
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1
The content advisor is a Windows feature rather than Firefox, a couple of links that should help. The first shows how to manually remove the password, the second is a utility that does this for you.
You need to take care when editing the registry, if you do something wrong it can result in other problems, or even Windows not working.