How do permanently change keyword.URL from Google.
I have tried to change the keyword.URL from Google. I am able to change the config entry, but when I restart Firefox, keyword.url reverts back to Google.
Additional System Details
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- AlternaTIFF v1.8.0
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 18.104.22.168
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.16.10
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
For possible causes see How to fix preferences that won't save, I would first check for a user.js file that could be overriding the preference.
Thanks for the reply. I followed the directions in the referenced article, but it did not help. But, it did spur my thought processes. I started looking for something that could lock down my configuration. I found out that the AVG toolbar apparently does just that. Once I disabled the toolbar I was able to change the keyword.URL. The toolbar is no longer on my system.