Can't get rid of Alot as a homepage on my mac
Somehow Alot has become my default homepage in firefox... I cannot remove it... I tired the obvious solution ---- go under tools - click add-on - and remove ---- but alas I cannot find the alot add-on (I also checked extensions).... Does anyone have any solutions for me???
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.2
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
Have you tried changing the homepage in the preferences dialog? If not see How to set the home page.
If you have tried changing the homepage but it keeps resetting to Alot, see How to fix preferences that won't save for possible causes and solutions.
See also http://www.alot.com/faq
Your computer is hijacked by alot, and they accumulate all of our browsing history, personal information, and trends. They sell all of your personal information. This is a total violation of privacy and outright piracy. I believe Mozilla is in on this piracy because it is an invisible "add on extension." Since it is invisible, you can't see it to remove it. Only Mozilla can get rid of alot, but Mozilla is not doing anything about it. After all, you got it automatically when you downloaded Mozilla 4.0.