My Browsing history only shows the last 7 days, how do I access more?
I am trying to find out how I can access more than the last 7 days internet browsing history
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
If you no longer see that History in the sidebar (View > Sidebar > History) on the the Library (History > Show All History) then that history is gone.
You didn't post your Help > Troubleshooting Information information, so I can't check your history settings.
You can look at these prefs on the about:config page.
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.history_expire_days (180) (also affects saved form data)
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.history_expire_days_min (90)
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Thanks for replying, but i still can't figure out how to go back to the 29th aug to see browsing history. it only ever shows today and yesterday. Heather x
Did you check the above mentioned prefs on the about:config page to make sure that you keep history for more than 7 days?
Yes I have done this, but it was the last 7-8 days I wanted specifically- Sat 29th Aug. But I think it's all gone forever sadly!!! I dont think there is any way to get it back as it is still saying only the last 2 days!!! Ive even restored to an earlier date and it still won't show anymore than 2 days, even when I havent deleted it. This is just Firefox if I had gone through internet explorer I would of found what I was looking for. Thanks for the help and advice - Heather x