Is there a Windows Media Player plugin for Windows 7?
Firefox tells me I need to manual install a plug-in for Windows Media Player but when it takes me to the plug-in it is only for Windows Vista and earlier Windows versions. Should I install that plug-in or just not bother, as for some reason the content plays anyway?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
I have been using the plugin available from port25 in Windows 7 using WMP 12 with no problems.
Thank.s TonyE. Since it said for Vista and earlier I wasn't sure. I'll try it - can always uninstall later if there's a problem.
fixed the hyperlink - moderator
follow this link & there is a download that i found. after installing firefox was able to detect windows player even though it was already installed on my computer. no probs now. hope it works for you . good luck
Modified by the-edmeister
WMP plugin craps out when I go to XM satellite raio NO SOUND Please Fix Soon!!!
@hispanicraven That totally did the trick! ;) Thanks!! WMP 12 FF 3.6.17
Modified by capitanqueso
Be aware that there are reports that the WMP HTML5 extension available from http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/html5-extension-for-wmp-plugin leaks memory.
When you install the extension, it will also install the WMP plugin. If you do not need the HTML5 features that the extension adds, you can then uninstall the extension. I found that when I did this it did not remove the WMP plugin, so you can still use sites that require the WMP plugin.
honestly its only compatible with firefox 3.something and 4.0... i have 8.0... what am i to do?