firefox is using autosugest for my email login, including using my actual password. How do I get rid of this?
When I am logging in to my email, Firefox offers multiple suggestions for my user name as soon as I start typing. One of the options it offers combines my user name and password, which is a real security issue for me. I've tried clearing cookies (the email account is through Cavalier Telephone, which is powered by Google), but that doesn't change anything. this also happens when I type in the subject of my email. I hate autosuggest features and want to get rid of it entirely. How do I do this?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
It used to just suggest my name; in the past month, it's added multiple options, including my password
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Team, 2006-2009 Veetle, Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Remove a saved password here: Firefox > Preferences > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"