Where is the Hosts file?
Want to check what bad hosts are listed and being (properly) redirected to 127.0.0.0. Where is that file-list? Thanks.
Additional System Details
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.3, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
It is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
Like Tony said, it's located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
To edit it, you will have to take ownership of the file by going to Properties > Security > Advanced, even if you're logged into an administrator account.
Modified by TechOD