Why do I keep getting "Unresponsive Script" boxes?
Several times a day a box will pop up and processing will stop until I click on one of the choices in the box. The message in the box is:
Warning: Unresponsive script
? A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: [ I'll give examples below. ]
Don't ask me again
Continue Stop script
Some examples of listed scripts:
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I'm not sure, but it with Firefox even before I installed beta.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b4) Gecko/20100818 Firefox/4.0b4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I have been having this problem for some time. It always occurs on a Hotmail page so I thought it had something to do with the Hotmail ads.
I have Firefox 6, no extensions installed and am using the default theme, but it seems to happen every time I open my Hotmail.
Another post that said to clear cookies. (Ctrl+Shift+Del > Check Cookies, uncheck anything you don't want cleared.) That appears to have fixed the problem, and speeded things up - for now, at least.
Modified by trustinghim