When I try to clear my cache and click on "go" (or whatever) the screen disappears. How do I know if the cache actually cleared?
I go to Tools > Clear Recent History > check cache and select "Everything" and click on clear now. The screen just disappears, so I don't know if the cache actually cleared, but I suspect it didn't.
I'm on a Mac Mini running 10.6.4
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
You can see the current cache usage on the about:cache page.
You can open that page via the location bar like a website.