some plugins wont update
i did a plugin update check and had 4 out of date plugins. one was silverlight one was java one was shockwave player and one was flash player. i immediately updated flash player, then i updated silverlight and shockwave. i restarted the browser and did the test again and it showed that flash player was up to date but the other 2 still needed to be updated. i updated them rigorous times and it still says that i need to update. can anyone help me?
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.6
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 (BT-magic) YFF35 Firefox/3.6.8
You need to contact the plugins' author for support.
The Plugin check page doesn't always detect plugins reliable. If you updated to the latest version and you see those plugins listed with that version on the about:plugins page and in Tools > Add-ons > Plugins then you should be OK.