bad script nsExtensionManager.js:623 locks up Firefox add-ons and plug-ins
I've started getting the message below any time I try to use add-ons or plug-ins such as Google toolbar and Yoono.
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js:623
Neither the "cancel" nor the "stop script" button will make the warning box go away. Nothing but a reboot will. And any time I try to go to Tools-Add-ins, or use any Add-ins, the box comes back and I'm locked up again.
Rebooting does not solve the problem, and oddly, reinstalling Firefox does not solve the problem. I also opened Firefox in SAFE mode, and I still get the exact same problem.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
there was nothing new added or changed. It just started giving me the error message on all add-on activity
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have this problem, but none of the fixes worked. In safe-mode, I removed all the add-ons, uninstalled Firefox, followed the instructions about changing the profile, rebooted the computer, and started over by downloading Firefox from Internet Explorer. And still whenever I am not in safe-mode Firefox completely locks up if I go to Tools>Add-ons or if I try to reinstall an extension that I truly loved (Rikaichan). Do you have any further suggestions?
Do you have Yahoo Toolbar installed?
LISTEN!!!! I had the same issue and putting Firefox into "Safe Mode" & uninstalling Personas 1.6 fixed everything. My Google search box is back and I can now access the addons manager. Thank you Uptonca!!!!