How to I tell Firefox to display bookmarks in aphabetical order as the default?
I can sort A-Z in "Organize Bookmarks" window, but the next time I look for a book mark, the sequence seems to revert to random. I want to make the A-Z sort the default for every time I look for a bookmark. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
Sorting in the Library window is temporary and lasts only for the time that the Library window is open.
To keep Bookmarks sorted automatically:
- SortPlaces add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9275
- More info about SortPlaces: http://www.andyhalford.com/sortplaces/index.html
Modified by Helper7677
Also, and although possibly not related to your problem, I have to remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment has been discontinued and is no longer supported. On top of this, it has known unpatched bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum security, stability, performance and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at getfirefox.com.