I have a website that opens automatically in a new tab - though I don't want it to?
I have a website that opens automatically in a new tab - though I don't want it to
Additional System Details
- Ovi maps browser plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.3
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; da; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
How are you opening that website?
If you open it via a bookmark then the site should open in the current tab unless you middle-click or otherwise force it to open in a new tab.
If you are referring to opening in the sidebar then you can check the Properties of that bookmark and remove the check-mark to open in the sidebar. In the Bookmarks Manager you need to click the More button that shows below the Details pane at the bottom of the right pane.
No I didn't express myself clearly. The problem is not that the website opens in a new tab - but that it opens AUTOMATICALLY - that is I haven't tried to open it.
What website is that? Was it a pop-up window?
You can do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
It is not a pop-up-window. It is a tab. The website is https://www.hoeje-gladsaxe.skoleintra.dk/Infoweb/Fi2/Default.asp