In Firefox 3.6.8, is there a way to see "typed urls" in the address dropdown list without the icons and website names? All I want to see are the "typed urls" and nothing else in there.
All I want to see are the "typed urls" in the address dropdown list. That's the way it was for years. Now, you get icons and website names/info with the url. It takes up too much real-estate on the screen and makes it necessary to scroll the dropdown list. This is a feature I don't need. Is there maybe something in about:config that I'm missing?
Additional System Details
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Yes! Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and look at the lower section for four different choices for what appears in the location bar. Does it work?
You can also look at:
- Old Location Bar: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7637
That'll do the trick. I had looked for an add-on but hadn't found that one. Thanks a million!