When I close Firefox, this process (nsAppShell:EventWindow) still works. I must close him manually (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) to open Firefox again.
Modified by tadimuza
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- NPSignPlugin version 1, 4, 0, 3
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Gadu-Gadu Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Informacje o aplikacji
Otwórz folder zawierający
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
Java Quick Starter
( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I'd the same problem, was solved uninstalling "zone alarm" toolbar
I don't have "zone alarm" I have Winamp toolbar but I use it often.
In my case it was Winamp toolbal. When I have uninstal him, problem has passed away.
Modified by tadimuza
I don't use any add-on toolbars but still encounter this message at shut down. Have there been any other defined causes than these two?
No. Remowe toolbar resolve this problem.
I don't have zone alarm or any additional toolbars or addons. I completely uninstalled firefox including all personal settings and bookmarks, ran ccleaner and my anti malware and anti virus software, then restarted, redownloaded a fresh download of Firebox and reinstalled. It was ok for the first day I used it but now the next day I turned on my computer and it's gone back to telling me that it can't open Firefox because it's already running and then when I try to restart my computer it gives me the stupid nsAppShell error and then the only way to shut my comp down is to hit the power button.
I have the problem of Firefox not closing completely when I close it. If you look at the processes that are running you will see firefox.exe I have used Windows Task Manager to close the process and then I could restart firefox. Firefox closes itself after a bit, say a minute.
I too have the nsAppShell-EventWindow not closing problem. That is what brought me to this site looknig for help.
I am having this issue as well. I even had a hard time getting things to shut down with task manager. I sure liked FF before this new version came out. I hope there is a fix soon.