Why does Quicktime plugin 7.6.4 show as vulnerable (in plug-in check)?
I recently updated FF from 3.5.2 to 3.6.6 and had problems with 3.6.6 in reference to my Dreamweaver program. Decided to go back to 3.5.2 and then decided to update plug-ins. Quicktime plug-in 7.6.4 (from 7.6.2) now shows as vulnerable. Why?
Mac OS 10.4.11 G4 MDD
Modified by ProDirect
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Adobe SVG Viewer v3.0 for Macintosh
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
First, please note that there are newer versions of Quicktime, which aren't probably available for your version of Mac OS X (consider upgrading). Also, there are newer versions of Firefox that might have fixed your problem with Dreamweaver (you could try latest 3.6.8, which you haven't tried). Quicktime 7.6.4 is dated September 09, 2009 ; 7.6.6 is the most recent version, but hasn't been released for Tiger. Don't forget that a dated operating system is always more vulnerable. Thanks for asking.
Modified by Ricmacas
Because it is vulnerable (duh). Update it, newest version is 7.7.1
This thread was from a year ago about duh... Locked.