What should I do if my bookmarks have disappeared, and Bookmarks on the menu (as well as History) seems to have been disabled, as nothing happens when I try to bookmark a page, click on Bookmarks Toolbar, or see Show All History.
Also, when I enter URLs, no prompts come up to predict the address; could this be related to the Bookmark and History problem (sorry—two very long sentences)?
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- 3D Life Player Plug-In : Plays Virtools File in your browser!
- eMusic Remote Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- Version 18.104.22.16868
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
The file that store details of bookmarks and history (places.sqlite) may be locked or damaged. For details on fixing that see Locked or damaged places.sqlite - MozillaZine Knowledge Base