Can anyone tell me how to get the Firefly addon for Firefox 3.6.8 despite the fact that my installation attempt results in the message that it can't be installed because it's incompatible with 3.6.8?
Need it on both Mac and PC. I use it with my old computer running Firefox 3.6.8 just fine but installed the addon before upgrading to 3.6.8. Additionally, I know other people who are running Firefox 3.6.8 + Firefly without a problem. I uninstalled Firefox and installed the oldest version I could find (3.5) and tried to add it that version but had the same problem. I disabled all other extensions but still no luck. Thanks so much!
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Show in Finder
Adobe Contribute Toolbar
If the add-on is incompatible with your current version, you need to contact its author and ask him to update his add-on.
There is a way, however, to force compatibility on all add-ons. See this:
If you have any questions about the process, just ask.