After installing the latest update, firefox keeps giving me "not responding" message and has slowed down
In addition, whenever I open tabs the browser starts pausing for a while. This didn't happen before. I think there might be some sort of inconsistency in the latest update of firefox which was automatically installed yesterday.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
10 August 2010
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 Glue/4.5
It's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and themes and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
If the problem does not disappear when all add-ons are disabled, please tell me, so we can work from there. Please have no fear of following my instructions to the line, as all can be easily undone.
I have the same problem. I TOTALLY uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled blank, i.e. no add ons, no themes, and still the problem occurred. It loads VERY slowly and then for the first five minutes keeps freezing and I constantly get "not responding" messages.
Every time I search this problem on the internet the reply is always about add-ons or extensions when that has nothing to do with it.
Help, or I will have to turn to another browser.
The problem still exists with my browser. The freezing still persists. I'm not really happy with what's happening with Firefox. I used to be such a hardcore Firefox fan but now I don't feel the same due to the consistencies. And whenever I try to contact support on Firefox, they say it is related with add-ons but it's not. That's just an excuse. I think Firefox needs to re-assess all the complaints and make the browser more stable. This has been going on since Firefox moved into 3.0.
My computer does the same thing and all I read was..blah blah maybe it's a virus ,check ur add-ons..Guys We've all been loyal since 3.0 and this is what we get for our Loyalty ..sounds like a political answer .Plus Firefox IT guys Word of Mouth can be good or in this case very Bad..so show us you have the balls to give us answers ie THE TRUTH.
PS :I've done everything u told us all to do,why should I use SWIron for a backup??
Look at my recent post..I want the truth on how too fix this "not responding"