How do I change the default rss reader?
When I subscribe to an rss feed, firefox launches bloglines automatically. I can't figure out how to change it to another reader or to have it ask for a preference.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 163
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Version 18.104.22.16898
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
- Open the Preferences dialog (Select Firefox > Preferences)
- Select the Applications panel
- In the Content Type column locate Web Feed
- The Action column will give a drop down menu of how to handle the feeds
For more details see Change what Firefox does when you click on or download a file.
there is no preferences option! and the rss icon in options is not there. (for selecting default reader. I have firefox 5 just updated and am told i need to update to 6, but have to download a file and install. I dont like that it sounds like phishing,