Ever since the update of 3.6.8 I am unable to use Adobe Flash. It says the plug in has been disabled. I have the newest update for Adobe. Please help.
I am operating Windows XP on my laptop. Firefox 3.5 was working fine until I upgraded to Firefox 3.6.8, ever since then all websites that have streaming video the same screen tells me my plug in has been disabled. I also have Quicktime installed and DivX.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Firefox recently split off a portion of the program used to run Flash and some other plugins into a new program named plugin-container.exe. If you have firewall software that tracks permissions for different programs, then it might be blocked.
More info on this change: What is plugin-container.exe?
Your above posted list of installed plugins doesn't show the Flash plugin for Firefox.
You can get the latest version of Flash Player here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/