I somehow lost the entire bars at the top of the browser that show the "file, edit", etc . options, along with the bar that has the current web address, bookmarks, home, undo, etc. How do I get these toolbars back?
I can still open my homepage (Google), and the browser will find things from there, but that's the only way that I can navigate around. I downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of Firefox, but it still opens with the same problem, even after restarting the computer. The only tool bar that I have at the top is the one with my tabbed bookmarks.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Press ALT or F10 in your keyboard to make the Menu Bar temporarily visible. If you want it to be permanently visible, go into View > Toolbars > Menu Bar, or right-click the Navigation Toolbar (the Reload button, for example) and select Menu Bar.
If this doesn't help, right-click the navigation toolbar, select Customize... and click Restore Default Set. If it doesn't appear right away, try pressing ALT or F10. You can go into View > Toolbars > Menu Bar to make it permanently visible, or right-click the Navigation Toolbar and select Menu Bar.
If none of this helps, you may be having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Try disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal.
Thank you sooooo much I was lost without that toolbar!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your information . I thought I was going to loose the rest of my hair . Thanks again
thank you so much! I though I could never fix it!!!! Thanks again!!!