Google search results are hijacked, re-directed to one of a wide range of search/advertising sites, including
Removed ads -MJB
I know this because I tried adding filters in the AdblockPlus Firefox add-on (which is where I copied them from to create the list above). This seems to work at first, but the malware/virus still forces the re-direct, it just cycles through those already blocked until it finds one that isn't, and opens it.
I can get around this by right-clicking the Google-hit title link, clicking "copy link location", then pasting it into the address window, but this is a pain. Plus it's annoying and disconcerting to know this virus/malware somehow got past ZoneAlarm and is now sitting somewhere on my computer with who knows what additional mischief still to come.
Is this a known problem with an available fix? If not, please notify me if/when any such fix becomes available!
Modified by moses
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 GTB7.1 GoogleToolbarFF
Your issue may be caused by Malware. You can run and update the following free anti virus software:
1. Malwarebytes (Free version) - http://www.malwarebytes.org
2. Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org
3.Spyware Terminator - http://www.spywareterminator.com
In addition, there are a number of forums you can use to help get rid of your infection. These include:
Modified by moses