I can't copy and paste text from a website. Why is this?
On any website I go to, when I highlight and try to copy text from the body of the page with my mouse, nothing happens.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
after a recent update
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- eMusic DLM 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Where are you trying to paste?
Also, how are you trying to copy? (Ctrl-C, right click, some other way?)
I'm trying to copy by highlighting text and and right clicking with my mouse. As far as text, for example, if I try to copy the text in your message, I can't.
Also ,I play evony and they use flash to display messages and copy don't work with that. I use a image capture for that.
does it matter where i'm trying to paste?
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Is this a recent problem...after the last update on Oct. 27, 2010? Were you able to copy and paste before the 27th? My optical marble mouse has had a breakdown from the update. No longer can I do a smooth scroll in Mozilla. However, I can in I.E. and Outlook Express. I posted on the 28th.
Modified by bertalou