What adjustments can be made to correct scaling and dpi issues in the 16x9 format of a 40" (tv) lcd monitor?
This was not an issue until v3.57 and beyond. It looks like lines are written on top of each other. Most forms are unreadable and you see or fill in any online forms. I could easily provide many screen shots.Seveal versions ago Mozilla sent me an add-on that completely fixed the issue. I cannot remember the name of the add-on and have exhausted my search. But it exists. Mozilla tech guy responded to my question with a link. Unfortunately, I can't find it any longer. He said it had to do with high dpi settings and the 16x9 format of the Samsung I use as a monitor.
Additional System Details
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b2) Gecko/20100720 Firefox/4.0b2
Many websites are affected. My bank records are unreadable in Firefox. Opera is virtually unaffected by this issue, so I have to switch to it to do certain functions,like banking, onine purchases, etc...
Thanks, I look forward to a response.
Did you increase the minimum font size? Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors: Advanced > Minimum Font Size
If you need to adjust the font size on websites then look at:
- Default FullZoom Level - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/6965
- NoSquint - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2592
You can also try to increase the String pref layout.css.devPixelsPerPx from 1.0 to 2.0 in 0.1 steps to see what works best. In Firefox 3.6 and later this pref is a String value parsed to a float and allows to fine tune the dimensions of all elements more precisely.