How do I import a copy of the places.squilite file from one FF installation to another FF installation?
I lost my bookmarks in FF 3.6.3 on one computer. I was able to copy the places.squalite file and place it in a desktop folder of a new computer also using FF 3.6.3. I'm not sure how to import this file into the new FF. Can I go into the program files, rename the places.squalite file there as "old..."and substitute the copy I placed in the desktop folder? Or is there another way to salvage the info?
Additional System Details
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
download helper is the only extension on the old computer.
I had already checked that but found nothing applicable.