why ? doesnt firefox 3.6.8 NOT shutdown properly - prev versions did ...
FF disappears from screen as expected - but the next time it is called for it gives error message 'all ready running' - cant close waiting doesnt help task manager doesnt even show FF - gotta reboot an start over - previous versions did NOT do this
Every time Firefox opened
== latest version installed
Additional System Details
- -LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
This is usually caused by an addon preventing Firefox from shutting down properly. If you start Firefox in Safe Mode (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode) does the issue go away?