every time firefox updates, it tries to load yahoo toolbar. Can I keep it from doing this? I don't want yahoo toolbar. Nor do I want norton safesearch. Can't they leave me alone?
every time firefox updates, it tries to load norton safesearch and yahoo toolbar. Can I get rid of those permanently rather than having to deal with it with every update?
A few times a week
== firefox updates
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
A Firefox update wouldn't be asking you about installing either a Yahoo toolbar or anything from Norton, Mozilla has nothing to do with either company. You must have something else installed on that PC that is making that suggestion.
Which anti-virus application are you using on that PC?
I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the update and it automatically put the yahoo toolbar on it. Uninstalled the yahoo toolbar once and it changed my firefox to a really old version. Updated firefox again and there is the toolbar again. I'm also getting a message that reads "Invalid Http Request Header " everytime I try to log into my yahoo mail on firefox. Have had to switch to Google chrome just to read my yahoo mail. What's up with this?
I'm getting exactly the same thing, every time I open firefox it tries to install a Yahoo toolbar. I don't want one, so skip it, but it's a pain.