FF - Adobe Flash conflict - can we use an old Flash plug-in?
I have FF 3.6.8, downloaded the Flash plugin v. 10 and I can't get Google Maps, FF crashes. So I uninstalled the Flash plugin, and am able to get Google Maps again, however, I can't watch any videos or anything. Is there an older version of the Flash plugin that we can use until you people get this straightened out?
Obviously it's a serious problem, otherwise so many people wouldn't be complaining here. I even opened Opera tonight, and if I have to keep using that I will.
Additional System Details
- -Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 220.127.116.11
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Winamp Application Detector
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- QVP Netscape Plug-in Stub
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 Creative ZENcast v1.01.06
Adobe has to sort out the problems with Flash, after all it is their application. Mozilla has nothing to do with it except for allowing it to be installed for Firefox.
Look for an older version of Flash at the Adobe website. http://adobe.com/
I have same problem, FF3.6.8 don't see new flash player. I have install flash 10. ... but in FF add-ons is still flash 9.0.16 ! even after restart. Please help right now i must install Chrome to use YouTube.