how to get the menu bar back after turned off all toolbars from the "View" menu
Do this: turn OFF all toolbar view from the view menu, with the Menu toolbar the last one. Problem: cannot find any UI to turn it back, stuck with a bare window, except the tab list.
Every time Firefox opened
== turn OFF all toolbar view from the view menu, with the Menu toolbar the last one.
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 GTB7.1
Press the Alt key, this temporarily brings up the menu bar. You an then use the View menu to re-select the menu bar.
What if pressing Alt does nothing? I tried that and my computer dings at me, but my menu bar doesn't appear.
You can press the Alt key or the F10 key. Those keys won't work if a plugin like Flash has focus and in that case you either need to open a new (blank) tab or click outside that Flash object.
Neither the F10 button or the Alt keys bring up the menu bar. I'm only missing like the Home, File edit etc... bits everything else is there. Can anyone help. It doesn't seem to be necessary but it looks weird without it.
You can check:
I had the same problem as you, no menu bars. I just hit the Minimize / Maximize box in the upper right, and the menus came back.. Weird...