plug in container..causing slow performance on my notebook
Plugin container firefox
Every time Firefox opened
== firefox updated to 3.6.7
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.5
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7
Plug in container makes my notebook perform slow
It's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and themes and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
If the problem does not disappear when all add-ons are disabled, please tell me, so we can work from there. Please have no fear of following my instructions to the line, as all can be easily undone.