firefox using massive amount of memory. 300,000: WHY? and, how do I fix this?
Whenever I am using firefox ( daily) it seems to use up a huge amnount of memory. It uses so much that loading pages slows to a crawl, and so do any other applications I am using. This happens even if I have only 2, or even 1 tab open. I am pretty sure I don't have any viruses-- although I admit I suppose this is possible--
but why would firefox be using this much memory/ space?
Every time Firefox opened
== a while now..
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- DivX® Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.5.8 NET_mmhpset (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Me too although FF has always hogged my system memory. Seems more so since the update, I cant even surf regular now.
It's definitely worse since the last updates. the plug-in container is another huge hog/ bog down..
so- does anyone know if this is normal...? 300,000 of memory for a basic webpage being up, for checking email is a bit excessive..
what I do note, it that is creeps up, rather than using 300 k right from the beginning.