Typing in Google Apps (Mail, Documents) causes Firefox to hang/become unresponsive
Whenever I start composing an email in my GoogleApps/Gmail, Firefox becomes unresponsive after a few lines - I start typing, and within a line or so, it increasingly lags and finally stops responding.
I've tried everything - restarting, clearing prefs, safemode, a complete re-install of Firefox... yet nothing seems to make the problem go away. Right now I'm resorting to typing responses in notepad then copying them into Gmail (which works).
The problem has spread so not it's not only Gmail, it seems like it's affecting other text-entry fields on other pages. The same thing occured when I started composing this question in the firefox help section.
I'd appreciate any help!
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Open Containing Folder
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
Java Quick Starter
(.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I am on RHEL 5 and I face the same problem in firefox 3.6.8 as well as 4.0 beta Site gmail.google.com
same here I'm on Ubuntu 10.04. I have been facing same problem I have disabled all greasemonkey scripts. but nothing happens
Please get it solved