How can I get my navigation bar back?
Can't see the toolbars: navigation bar, view, tools, etc
Just once or twice
== Today when I was trying to change toolbars. I accidentally unchecked menu bar and everything went.
asked and answered, repeatedly - locking due to age
Modified by the-edmeister
Additional System Details
- -Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Heppkat Communicator
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- PopCap Games Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
"navigation bar": See Navigation Toolbar below. "view, tools, etc": That's the Menu Bar; see below.
Can't see the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help)? Turning the Menu Bar on and off is a new feature in version 3.6. (~~red:Linux & OSX see~~: Restore the Menu bar in Firefox ) Windows Method 1. Hold down the key and press the following letters in this exact order: V T M then release the key Windows Method 2. Tap once on the F10 key, while the Menu bar is visible, choose "View > Toolbars", click "Menu Bar" so that a check mark is placed next to Menu Bar Windows Method 3. Tap once and release the key. The Menu Bar will be displayed; then choose ~~red:V~~iew > ~~red:T~~oolbars and click on ~~red:M~~enu Bar so that a check mark is placed next to Menu Bar The Menu Bar should now be displayed permanently, unless you turn it off again using View > Toolbars. Check mark = displayed, NO check mark = not displayed. See:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_customization#Restoring_missing_menu_or_other_toolbars Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar and other Toolbars under View > Toolbars. Clicking on one of them will place a check mark (display) or remove the check mark (not displayed). To display the Status Bar, View, then click Status bar to place a check mark (display) or remove the check mark (not displayed). Full Screen mode http://kb.mozillazine.org/Netbooks#Full_screen
Hi, Your directions worked like a charm for my XP system.
I really did not understand the first set of instruction - I am not sure of what key should be held down, but I like the option of clicking F10. It worked the first time that I tried it. I was able learn a new trick easily and quickly. Thank you so much this was very helpful.
Hit the alt key go to "view">"Toolbars" make sure Navigation Toolbar is checked.
You can use the same method to make sure your "Menu Bar" is activated.
Modified by glamdring