navigation tool bar loses customizations after windows 7 restart
the navigation tool bar loses my customizations and the bookmarks toolbar is reselected after a windows 7 restart
Additional System Details
- -ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 102
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.4
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You May need to reset toolbars and controls via Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode Make sure you completely close Firefox first. When you get to the Safe Mode window, select Reset toolbars and controls and then Make Changes and Restart.
Uh, are you saying that whenever I add new item to the bookmarks I have to go to safe mode to save them. I just can't believe that. I also lose the toolbar settings. Is this a bug in firefox? This is very concerning. Thanks.
You do not have to go to safe mode to save them every time you make a change. The safe mode option is there to fix a corrupt file, once it has been fixed you should not have to go back into safe mode.