Whenever I go to a website, I am routed through the library at my university.
I have 2 email addresses. 1 at the university where I work and 1 at yahoo, for personal use. Every time I open Firefox and go to a website, the system routes me through the university library's any where access. I use zotero sometimes for research. I do not wish to be routed through the university's library system when I am doing personal stuff.
Every time Firefox opened
== a few weeks ago, I think after I installed Zotero
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
In Firefox 3.6.4 and later the default connection settings have been changed to "Use the system proxy settings". See "Firefox connection settings" in Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
You can find the connection setting here: Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then select No Proxy
This is due to the Zotero proxy settings http://www.zotero.org/support/proxies I don't quite understand your error description, maybe you can find something here http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/proxy_troubleshooting otherwise, your chances of getting help are much higher on the Zotero forum.