Firefox freezes up, drops my internet connection, disables important windows .exe files...Help?
If I go to my gaming websites (pogo and gamehouse); facebook; yahoo messenger; depressiontribe.com; and a few other sites; after about 30 minutes, firefox locks up, taking my internet connection, and several windows *.exe files along with it (tskmgr.exe is one) and once reconnected to the internet, I cannot send a crash report. Just gives error message that report could not be sent. I run Windows XP Professional on a Dell laptop with Viper (Sunbelt) All in one virus and internet protection which scans nightly and so far no threats have shown up. I have tried disabling all the plugin's and addon's and that just made it where firefox would not load at all. I have updated my Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave Player, deleted and re-set up my internet/network connections....I do not know what to do now. Very frustrated...please help?
Every time Firefox opened
== About 3 months ago
Additional System Details
- -Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 ( .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152) FBSMTWB
I do not understand what you want me to do here
I apologize for the inconvenience!
Please go to: Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Then please run: Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). This will use default settings and disable any add-on's. After you have done so, please re-attempt at going to the sites and playing the apps that previously gave you trouble. Does it continue in safe mode?
If it doesn't, your problem is solved. That means that either your settings are corrupt or you have installed an add-on that is in-complaint with the version of Firefox you are using.
Under the Mozilla folder I do not have anything listed as Firefox (safe mode)? Should I again remove firefox and reinstall? I have done this twice already and am running the most current version you have (3.6.8).
been driving me mad even wrote to firefox i have same issue firefox was working like a dog. I searched in firefox tolls then add ons and found a toolbar had downloaded called browser protection, disabled it and evrything is back working. good luck i have been using ie and i was not happy.
been driving me mad even wrote to firefox i have same issue firefox was working like a dog. I searched in firefox tools then add ons and found a toolbar had downloaded called browser protection, disabled it and evrything is back working. good luck i have been using ie and i was not happy.