Why does Ask.com keep showing up in my search engines?
I keep removing it as a preferred search engine, and every time I start a new session, it's back. There's already a thread on this in support. It's marked as closed, but doesn't actually provide any information on how to solve the problem,
Here's the URL to the other post: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=en-US&comments_parentId=594238&forumId=1
Using 3.6.7, but problem's been happening since 3.6.6
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- PopCap Games Plugin
- IBM 821 Conference Plugin for Mozilla version 126.96.36.1990
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100713 AskTbTRL2/220.127.116.1104 Firefox/3.6.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
The Ask Toolbar, an add-ons you installed or accidentally installed with another program (AskTbTRL2/18.104.22.16804 in your user agent), is doing this.
Uninstall this add-on from your system.
- Close all open Web browsers
- From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel"
- Select "Add/Remove Programs"
- Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar" (or a similarly named Toolbar)
- Click "Change/Remove"