Firefox does no longer display the Firefox Sync status
I'm running FF 3.6.7 and FF Sync 1.4.1. Now the display from the taskbar has gone missing.
Having a visual display of the sync status has its advantagesRead this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
- -Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Version 0.8.6d, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 ( )
I can't be of much help, I'm sorry, but I think this might be by design, and not a bug. I do know that Firefox 4's inbuilt sync won't have a constantly displayed status icon, so that might be just how they updated the extension, to work like it will work on Firefox 4. All in all, it shouldn't be necessary for the user to constantly check if its browser is synced. It should always be.
Having a visual display of the sync status has its advantages
I'm sure it does. If you want to argue about that, you're more than welcome to use this group: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.usability
Please do, as user input is always appreciated.