Chase account will not accept password to open account
My Chase page appears on desktop including User ID. When I enter my password I cannot activate my accounts. I click "log in" and nothing happens. I have Firefox 3.6.
Every time Firefox opened
== last week
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r246
- Verified Download Plugin
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Adobe SVG Viewer v3.0 for Macintosh
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/126.96.36.199
Chase reps say my problem is with Firefox and not with Chase.
"Clear the Cache": Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted. You can rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete cookies.sqlite-journal and cookies.txt, if they exist, in the Profile Folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
See also Fix login issues on websites that require a username and password (Remove corrupt cookies file)