my other computer has an icon on the task bar to access the personas. this computer doesn't show an icon or shortcut to access the personas. I have the latest version. why is there no shortcut to access personas?
on one computer last year I updated firefox and it gave me an icon on my bottom left side of the task bar to access the personas. it was a cute little fox. this computer I am using now hasn't ever shown an icon anywhere, or shortcut, to access the personas. I have to go to the firefox link to look at them. why? I like using them.
Not sure how often
There's no Personas menu item in Tools, unless you have the Personas Plus extension. In Firefox 3.6 the selection of installed Personas is done through Tools > Addons >> Themes.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 071303000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7
Firefox 3.0.and 3.5 versions needed the Personas extension (now called Personas Plus) to be able to use Persona Lightwight Themes; Firefox 3.6 which came out in Jan 2010 natively supports Personas, you don't have to install an extension. When the Personas Plus extension is installed in 3.6 it adds additional features for Personas.
That said, the PersonasPlus extension doesn't use that "little fox" statusbar button any longer, it was removed in version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 of that extension. You can access the same menu that was connected to that "little fox" button through Tools > Personas.
A lot of Personas Plus users have been complaining about the removal of that button, but - hey - the whole statusbar is going to be removed from Firefox 4, they're just sufferign that loss before the rest of us .
thanks for the response. I understand what you are saying about changes. when I look under tools there is no option for personas. all I want is some kind of link to it. what am I not seeing here???? tks for your help
can anyone please help me with this issue? thanks.
There's no Personas menu item in Tools, unless you have the Personas Plus extension. In Firefox 3.6 the selection of installed Personas is done through Tools > Addons >> Themes.
I can't find tools. I have looked everywhere. Help?