Firefox 3.6.6 for Mac 10.4.11 crashes before it opens
I updated my firefox to the latest 3.6.6. Unfortunately, it crashes before it opens. Why? It would not even give me a crash ID number because it never opens at all. The older version of firefox works though.
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- Yahoo! Installer plug-in that allows for application installation and discovery
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2010031218 Firefox/3.0.19
Hopefully this support article is what you need:
In any case, it's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and themes and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
If the problem is not disappears when all add-ons are disabled, please tell me, so we can work from there.
Wow, this helps. Thank you!