Mozilla supporting political hacking
How comes Mozilla supports political hacking. A website which informs people of Economics and Political issues has published an article about Climatchange. Got hacked and banned! Thats not right. Apparently it will take ages to correct that. Mozilla support denial of Climatchange with a Webban?!
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Mit dem QuickTime-Plug-In können Sie eine Vielzahl von Multimediainhalten auf Webseiten anzeigen. Für weitere Informationen besuchen Sie die QuickTime WWW-Seite.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; de; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
Firefox is just following the database maintained by Google on sites it automatically detects malicious scripts on that try to infect the machines of those who visit the sites. Here is Google's report:
"What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-16."
This is a lesson to webadmins to be more vigilant with security on sites they host, and any other conclusion formed about this is wrong.