Firefox won't remember my Privacy settings...
for Gmail especially, my cookies need to be turned on. When I check Firefox's Options, it says they are already enabled. I found out that switching "Use Custom Settings for History" to "Remember History" next to 'Firefox will:' under the Privacy tab seems to fix the issue and make Gmail happy. But within 5 minutes it reverts back to "Use Custom Settings..." and therefore GMail (and other websites as well) stop working again.
How do I get Firefox to "Remember my History" and not revert my settings?
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
To see History and Cookie settings in Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history You need to make at least one change to make the custom setting stay selected. If all settings are the default then the History and Cookie setting revert to Remember history the next time you open Tools > Options > Privacy. You can see the defaults in a screenshot in this KB article: Remove recent browsing, search and download history .......... If all settings are the default then you will see "Firefox will: (Never) Remember History". The "Use custom settings for history" setting reverts to "(Never) Remember history" if all History and Cookies settings are the default.
Do any settings change in that section? Are you allowing all cookies or do you make an allow exception for specific sites?