how do I make google my default search engine instead of inbox search engine?
Google was my search engine anytime I would type just keywords into the line where you type web addresses. However, I somehow must have uploaded a new search engine called 'Inbox', which I don't care for, and now I have to type keywords into the search to the right of the screen to use google. I would like to make google my permanent search engine when using Firefox. Any suggestions? I thought I had already deleted the inbox toolbar, but it didn't change my search engine. I am not so computer savvy so...
Every time Firefox opened
== don't know how or when
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
There should be a toolbar next to the address bar that looks like the one in the screenshot attached. Click that arrow pointing to it to change your default search engine
This does not work. inbox is not even listed in my possible search engines yet it still is the default when I type something in the web page address bar. Please help
Please read this article to see if it helps:
I had this problem to, drove me insane for weeks. Eventually i found out how to solve the problem though:
1. Open a new tab and in the address bar, type in "about:config" (without the quotations)
2. A little warning pops up, just press ok and move on.
3. In the filter search type in "inbox" (without the quotations)
4. Right-click on any of the results that pop-up and click reset.
That solved the problem for me, and hopefully it will for you as well.
Modified by midget2